As Collaborators, physicians work effectively with other health care professionals to provide safe, high-quality, patient-centred care.
Collaboration is essential for safe, high-quality, patientcentred care, and involves patients and their families,* physicians and other colleagues in the health care professions, community partners, and health system stakeholders.
Collaboration requires relationships based in trust, respect, and shared decision-making among a variety of individuals with complementary skills in multiple settings across the continuum of care. It involves sharing knowledge, perspectives, and responsibilities, and a willingness to learn together. This requires understanding the roles of others, pursuing common goals and outcomes, and managing differences.
Collaboration skills are broadly applicable to activities beyond clinical care, such as administration, education, advocacy, and scholarship.
- Collaboration with community providers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
- Communities of practice: 1.3, 3.2
- Conflict resolution, management, and prevention: 2.2
- Constructive negotiation: 2.2
- winter Sport Pants Bebe Active Leisure Effective consultation and referral: 1.2, 1.3, 3.1, 3.2
- Effective health care teams: all enabling competencies
- Handover: 3.1, 3.2
- Interprofessional (i.e. among health care professionals) health care: all enabling competencies
- Intraprofessional (i.e. among physician colleagues) health care: all enabling competencies
- Recognizing one’s own roles and limits: 1.2, 3.1
- Relationship-centred care: all enabling competencies
- Respect for other physicians and members of the health care team: 2.1, 2.2
- Respecting and valuing diversity: 1.2, 2.1, 2.2
- Shared decision-making: 1.3
- Sharing of knowledge and information: 1.3, 3.1, 3.2
- Leisure Sport Active Bebe winter Pants Situational awareness: 1.1, 1.2, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2
- Team dynamics: 1.1, 2.2, 3.1 Casual Boutique Annabella winter Casual Boutique Dress winter Dress Boutique Annabella Annabella winter AqvAUwg
- Transitions of care: 3.1, 3.2
Sport winter Bebe Pants Leisure Active
|Key competencies||winter Active Bebe Pants Sport Leisure Bebe winter Sport Leisure Pants Active Enabling competencies|
|Bebe winter Active Sport Leisure Pants Physicians are able to:|
* Throughout the CanMEDS 2015 Framework and Milestones Guide, references to the patient’s family are intended to include all those who are personally significant to the patient and are concerned with his or her care, including, according to the patient’s circumstances, family members, partners, caregivers, legal guardians, and substitute decision-makers.